Toys R Us has rejected MGA Entertainment CEO Isaac Larian’s $675 million bid for about 30 percent of the remaining U.S. and Canada locations of the business.
CNN Money reported that the bid, which was made April 13, was too low, according to sources.
Toys R Us filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2017 and announced store closings March 15.
“If this is true, it is very disappointing,” Larian said of the report. “We feel confident that we submitted a fair valuation of the company’s U.S. assets.” Larian added that he wants to keep working to save the business.
Larian’s company, MGA Entertainment, is known for making Bratz dolls and Little Tikes toys.
“The liquidation of Toys R Us is going to have a long-term effect on the toy business. The industry will truly suffer,” the billionaire said in a statement last week announcing the bid. “The prospect of bringing the Toys R Us experience to a new generation, my new grandson’s generation, is enough to motivate me to Save Toys R Us.”
At the time, Larian said he would use his own money and financing from banks and other investors for the bid.
Toys R Us is considering other offers, CNN Money reported.
Download the FREE Country Legends 97.1 app now!
On-air surprise: Joe Buck learns he is joining father in Pro Football Hall of Fame
Players ask for empathy, help for Antonio Brown after on-field incident
Ronnie Milsap - Dont you ever get tired of Hurting me
33 Years Without A Haircut: Woman Wins Longest Mullet
Florida sues realty company and reality-star founder for ‘swindling’ homeowners across U.S.
Thanksgiving 2022: Which grocery stores are open, closed on Thanksgiving?
15-year-old arrested in connection with deadly shooting at Oklahoma high school football game