LUBBOCK, Texas – A Texas toddler who swallowed a battery last month died Thursday, the child’s family said.
Reese Hamsmith, who was 17 months old, died at the Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston, KCBD reported.
The child suffered burns to her throat, esophagus and vocal cords, the television station reported.
The girl’s mother, Trista Hamsmith, wrote on Facebook that after she left the hospital, “We were a family member short.”
“It’s a heartbreak I will never be able to express,” Trista Hamsmith wrote. “I will never forget looking out that window on the plane knowing my baby wasn’t with me.
Reese Hamsmith will be remembered as a “spunky, outgoing, and sassy 17-month-old,” her mother wrote.
“She is pain-free at home with our Savior,” Trista Hamsmith wrote. “She is most likely bossing everyone around up there.”
As of Friday afternoon, more than $34,000 has been pledged to the family.
Download the FREE Country Legends 97.1 app now!
On-air surprise: Joe Buck learns he is joining father in Pro Football Hall of Fame
Ronnie Milsap - Dont you ever get tired of Hurting me
Players ask for empathy, help for Antonio Brown after on-field incident
33 Years Without A Haircut: Woman Wins Longest Mullet
Florida sues realty company and reality-star founder for ‘swindling’ homeowners across U.S.
Thanksgiving 2022: Which grocery stores are open, closed on Thanksgiving?
15-year-old arrested in connection with deadly shooting at Oklahoma high school football game