Back in 2011, things were a lot different than they were today. But hypothetically speaking – you had $1,000 to invest back then, what would it be worth today?
Check out the historical prices of some of your favorite companies below as well as what the compound annual growth rate is to give you a sense of what the yearly return for each has been over that time.
And don’t forget to tune in weekdays (8/23-10/15) for your chance to win $1,000! Listen at 8am, 10a, 12p, 2p and 5p for the key words and text them to 70123 for your opportunity to slide $1,000 into your bank account.
Last updated May 21, 2021
Domino’s Pizza Inc. (DPZ): $26,467.83
- Share price Jan. 25, 2011: $14.30
- Share price Jan. 25, 2021: $378.49
- Compound annual growth rate: 38.76%
Netflix (NFLX): $20,868.82
- Share price Jan. 25, 2011: $26.68
- Share price Jan. 25, 2021: $556.78
- Compound annual growth rate: 35.50%
Amazon (AMZN): $18,641.77
- Share price Jan. 25, 2011: $176.70
- Share price Jan. 25, 2021: $3,294.00
- Compound annual growth rate: 33.98%
Apple (AAPL): $13,585.55
- Share price Jan. 25, 2011: $10.52
- Share price Jan. 25, 2021: $142.92
- Compound annual growth rate: 29.81%
Microsoft (MSFT): $10,147.21
- Share price Jan. 25, 2011: $22.62
- Share price Jan. 25, 2021: $229.53
- Compound annual growth rate: 26.08%
Microsoft’s stock has performed quite well over the past few years, but that pales in contrast to its performance during the 1990s when it helped create a number of “Microsoft millionaires.” These days, it’s still considered one of the safest stocks you can invest in — especially for first-time investors.
Nike (NKE): $7,500.00
- Share price Jan. 25, 2011: $18.34
- Share price Jan. 25, 2021: $137.55
- Compound annual growth rate: 22.32%
Download the FREE Country Legends 97.1 app now!
On-air surprise: Joe Buck learns he is joining father in Pro Football Hall of Fame
Players ask for empathy, help for Antonio Brown after on-field incident
Ronnie Milsap - Dont you ever get tired of Hurting me
33 Years Without A Haircut: Woman Wins Longest Mullet
Thanksgiving 2022: Which grocery stores are open, closed on Thanksgiving?
Florida sues realty company and reality-star founder for ‘swindling’ homeowners across U.S.
15-year-old arrested in connection with deadly shooting at Oklahoma high school football game